Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

My Trip to Off the Wall --------- เรื่องเล่าจาก Off the Wall Shop  

เค้าบอกว่าเป็น 1 ในร้านโปรดที่ไมเคิลมาชอปปิ้งบ่อยครั้ง รวมทั้งครั้งล่าสุดคือ ไม่กี่สัปดาห์ก่อนจากไป   มีเรื่องเล่าจากปากคำของเจ้าของร้านเองด้วย
(ยาวหน่อยนะคะ แต่น่าสนใจทีเดียว)

Off the Wall is a tiny shop on Melrose in Hollywood, California. I love vintage items and very much wanted to see where Michael Jackson shopped. It was rumored it was his favorite place to shop for vintage items and that he had named his album Off the Wall because he liked the name so much. As I walked into the store I immediately was taken by the beautiful, unusual and intriguing pieces surrounding me.

A friendly man behind the counter sitting at a computer greeted me and asked me if I was looking for anything in particular and having seen a few of the price tags I hesitantly told him, “Well, actually I am here to see where Michael Jackson shopped.” He smiled and pointed to three items on a shelf in the corner and said, “He purchased these three items just weeks before his death. He had been eyeing them for some time and finally had decided he wanted them on his last trip in. We were waiting for his manager to finish processing the payment when we learned he had passed away. That is how we do business. Most of the famous people who shop here will come in and point out something they like and then have the manager pay later.” Pointing again at the items on the shelf he said, “We now have them on display.” He explained they were wax forms used in medical school some where back east in the 1900s when cadavers were not available. I turned back to the shelf the body parts were simply fascinating to look at. The detail was incredible.  

I looked closely at them and totally got why MJ purchased them. Many people labeled it as ‘weird’ but I felt I completely understood how they would aid with home schooling, having home schooled my own children for several years; I was always looking for teaching aids.   I read in Randy Taraborrelli’s book that MJ was always buying books and educational items for his children. If the children asked a question he would stop and say “Let’s find out the answer.” He would then go to his library and retrieve a book to give them the correct answer to their question, and if it wasn’t there he would look for it somewhere else.
I studied the muscles and layers of skin and exposed bones and turned to the nice man behind the counter and excitedly said, “I totally get why he would want these!” He gave me a puzzled, bewildered look and said, “He just liked to buy unusual and weird stuff.”  I smiled but felt I knew.

จากคุณ : SIMONBIRCH
เขียนเมื่อ : 7 ธ.ค. 52 00:55:22

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com