Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

2009 Xmas #1[UK singles chart] = Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name  

กรี๊ดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดด

สุดยอดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดด
ดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดดด

ในที่สุดแคมเปญรวมพลังต่อสู้เพื่อเป็นซิงเกิ้ลอันดับหนึ่งประจำคริสต์มาสปีนี้ก็ประสบความสำเร็จ
Killing In The Name ได้ขึ้นอันดับหนึ่ง single chart แล้วจ้ะ :)

ตัวเลขที่ประมาณ
1 KILLING IN THE NAME RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE 502672
2 THE CLIMB JOE MCELDERRY 450838

เพลงยังเป็นซิงเกิ้ลอันดับหนึ่งประจำคริสต์มาสครั้งแรกที่นับเฉพาะยอดดาวน์โหลด
และขายได้มากที่สุดในหนึ่งสัปดาห์ ส่วนเงินยอดขายดาวน์โหลด วงจะนำไปบริจาคการกุศล

แคมเปญนี้มีคนดังๆ สนับสนุนแคมเปญนี้หลายคนนะ เช่น Muse, Sir Paul McCartney,  Dave Grohl และ Liam Howlett

คำพูดขอวงหลังรู้ข่าว

"We've shown that we can make a difference and that you don't have a right to Number One just because Simon Cowell says so, especially with a bad cover!

"Finally I would like to say thank you to all of you, we've raised £64,726.00 for Shelter at the time of writing this, the difference that this will make to peoples lives is truly amazing.

"We gotta take the power back - Rage Against The Machine - Merry Christmas."

จาก http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48971

คนที่ช็อคกว่า คือ Jon Morter ผู้ก่อตั้งแคมเปญใน Facebok
แต่ยังไงซะดูเหมือนสุดท้ายเขาก็็ออกมาพูดจาได้น่าฟัง

ก็อปมาให้อ่านดีกว่า

The founder of the Rage Against The Machine For Christmas No.1 Facebook campaign has declared the crowning of 'Killing In The Name' as Christmas Number One "insane".

Jon Morter was in total shock when NME.COM informed him of the historical news that the track had beaten Joe McElderry's cover of the Miley Cyrus track 'The Climb' to the top spot by 50,000 sales.

"F**k me it's crazy I can't believe it," he gushed. "It's mad, the BBC are even picking me up to do a TV interview tonight and the phone's been going none stop ever since. I can't take stock of it at the moment."

Morter started the Facebook campaign, urging members to download the song on December 13 with his wife Tracy, to stop The X Factor winner from claiming the Chrismas Number One for the fifth year in a row.

Speaking about the victory following his campaign, which was backed by Rage guitarist Tom Morello and gained support from Paul McCartney, Morter said: "It's been absolutely mad this whole thing. To be Christmas Number one is insane isn't it?

"It just goes to show if you use social networking in the right way you can do it."

Morter also praised The X Factor and Joe McElderry despite them losing out to Rage Against The Machine.

"The whole aim of the campaign was not to diss The X Factor at all," he added. "The X Factor fans like music as much as we do so I've got absolutely nothing against them. We were just tired of it getting to Number One every year and we wanted to get the Christmas Number One back.

"My message to the fans that supported this campaign is just thank you and thanks for getting behind us," he continued.

"As for The X Factor fans and Joe, there is nothing sad about being Christmas Number Two. There are thousands of bands across the country who would cut off their right arm to have a Christmas Number Two. It will probably go to Number One next week anyway."

Despite initially branding their campaign "stupid" and "cynical", Morter revealed that Simon Cowell personally phoned him last night (December 19) to wish him all the best in the battle for Christmas Number One.

"Simon was very sweet and it was lovely to talk to him," he added. We had a good chat about music in general and just wished each other good luck.

"I've got total respect for him. That was really nice thing to do."

ที่มา : http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48972

ชอบที่เขาพูด รู้สึกคล้ายๆกับวงการฟุตบอลอังกฤษเลยแฮะ คือ พอจบเกม ผู้จัดการทีม(ที่มีสปิริตและมืออาชีพ)
เขาก็ออกมายกย่องสรรเสริญให้เกียรติกัน สู้กันแค่ในสนาม จบเกมก็คือจบ

จริงๆ แอบข้องใจกับคุณ Simon นิดหน่อย

แต่...นี่มันเป็นสิ่งที่ดีที่สุดที่เกิดขึ้นสำหรับวงการเพลงประจำ้ปีนี้เลย
น่าปลื้ม :)

จากคุณ : Lucy in the sky with diamonds
เขียนเมื่อ : 21 ธ.ค. 52 03:09:06

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com