Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

เมื่อนักดนตรีแจ๊ส ชื่นชมไมเคิล  

หลายคนอาจจะเคยฟังเพลงของไมเคิลที่ถูกนำไป cover เป็นแจ๊ส เช่น Rock With You, Billie Jean ส่วนเพลงของไมเคิลที่มีกลิ่นอายของแจ๊ส ก็เช่น The Lady In My Life, Smile

ไม่น่าแปลกใจเลยที่ไมเคิลจะมีอิทธิพลต่อนักดนตรีแนวต่างๆ  Christian McBride เป็นนักดนตรีแจ๊สคนหนึ่งที่ชื่นชอบไมเคิลมาตั้งแต่เด็ก มาดูบทสัมภาษณ์ของเค้าที่เล่าให้ฟังเกี่ยวกับไมเคิลกัน

Michael Jackson? Gone at 50? My heart is in pain.

I cannot fathom what it means to be the face of pop culture for 39 years. He was not just famous, but he was culturally significant for his entire career. Every generation learned something from him. It went beyond hit records. He was an icon. And for good reason. Not since Sammy Davis, Jr. had an artist throughly mastered so many different facets of entertainment. From an overbearing father who figuratively kept his foot on Michael’s neck for all of his childhood, to 39 years of unprecedented super-stardom with everyone on this PLANET following him, worshiping him, giving him no privacy, taking shots at him, humiliating him, loving him, being obsessed with him. With this, Michael acquired a colossal amount of pressure to always be “on”. It’s almost no wonder Michael always wanted to be a kid. He was never allowed to be one.

Do we really recognize that Michael was probably in severe mental pain for most of his life? He gave us thrills, and in turn, we made him our tabloid poster child. Well, at least, some of us did.

I have two vivid memories of Michael that I’d like to share.

In the fall of 1979, I saw the Jacksons during their “Destiny” tour at the Spectrum in Philly. It was also not too long after Michael’s “Off The Wall” was released. To know that I was going to get to see Michael and his brothers sing all the J5 hits, I knew Michael would really tear the house down when he got to “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough”. In fact, by the time he got to his solo tunes, the crowd was in such a frenzy, we almost had no stamina to scream anymore.

To that point, it was easily the most exciting, most dramatic concert I’d ever seen.

Anyone from my generation can agree that Michael was our hero – and this was BEFORE “Thriller”. Michael was already a hero to my two favorite cousins who were 9 and 10 years older than me, respectively. How could a child superstar remain relevant for all that time? He must really be a great musician. Great enough to know that he should ask a jazz cat - Quincy Jones - to produce him! What could possibly follow “Off The Wall”?

When “Thriller” was released in 1982, I was 10 years old. That’s a dangerous age. That’s when fandom can start to happen among you and your peers. When the legendary “Thriller”, “Beat It” and “Bille Jean” videos were released in 1983, I fully admit, I was one of those kids crying to my mother for a “Beat It’ jacket. Then, later that year, one of our great moments in TV history occurred with the airing of “Motown 25” – a 25th anniversary celebration of Motown records.

จากคุณ : zeasky
เขียนเมื่อ : 4 มิ.ย. 53 11:23:26

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com