Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

Joseph Mallozzi's blog update  

Mailbag:

Zoomeister writes: “1.) Have you seen these?

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/69538-Sgt.-Hunter-Riley-Discussion-Appreciation-(-SGU)

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/75513-Riley-and-Brody-21-and-24

See? Riley has fans.”

Answer: Oh, we’ll well aware of the fact.  It’s nice to see there’s support for not only the main cast, but our wonderfully talented supporting players as well.

Zoomeister writes: “2.) Have you seen this, BTW?

http://io9.com/5565598/how-to-save-stargate-universe-season-2

Pretty interesting. What’s your take on it?”

Answer: Some I agree with; some I don’t; some we’re already working on in season 2.  We’re definitely “fleshing out the main characters” (and those “side characters” as well) in the show’s second season and, with that, demonstrating that these people are far from perfect.  And, as Brad already alluded to in a recent interview, we will be taking advantage of the gritty realism to go to some pretty dark places in the coming season.  There’ll be plenty of “crazy” to go around in SGU’s second year and, yes, many of those questions will be answered or, at the very least, explanations will be hinted at as we use them to build some bigger arcs.  We’ll be doing more exploring and more adventuring, both on and off Destiny.  I don’t agree that we need to kill off the cook or “this guy” to raise the stakes or convey a sense of loss.  Anyone remember Senator Armstrong or Sgt. Spencer or Franklin?  More exploration?  Check.  More monsters? Oh, yeah.  Check.  More of that back half of season one humor.  Also check.  Lose the music montages.  Nyet.  Meredith may not like them, but I love ‘em.  They offer a nice, succinct way of wrapping up the episode’s various storylines and furthering ongoing character arcs.

Zoomeister also writes: “Will you have an alien join the cast (and no, I don’t mean a Jaffa, Tok’ra or Lucien Alliance member)?”

Answer: Great idea.  All we’ll need is an extra 3 million dollars an episode and we can work one of those blue aliens into the show as a recurring crew member, maybe the new cook.

PG15 writes: “I’m glad to hear that Brad is having talks with MGM about Revolution. That’s a good start. I wonder what the impetus for these talks were (unless they’ve been happening since the beginning), and why that’s not happening with Extinction?”

Answer: As I mentioned previously, Brad is co-writing and Exec. Producing Revolution, not Extinction.

E writes: “Can we expect some AU SGU stories to come? I’m dying to see what would have become of the character had they not gotten stranded on the Destiny.”

Answer: Hmmm.  Wouldn’t that be interesting…

Juergen writes: “

1. I believe SG-1 Movie will be produced soon. Hope, Hope, Hope! You guys had a lot of time now. Did you have improved some things from time to time or is the script untouched for long time?

2. Assuming the next stargate movie works fine and MGM wants more stuff. Do you think, it is possible, that we will see an entirely Stand-Alone-Movie with new characters and new stories? A new series is often a risk. But making a movie with a completed story would maybe safe money (new characters) and gives the chance to reinvent the Franchise. I want to see more about Stargate. Why no movie with from the perspective of the Jaffa, Tokra, any other people. A complete detached story. I thought long about it. That’s the kind of way, I would go. Hope, sometime we will see such a movie.

3. Does the SGC still exist or is the Stargate being moved to Homeworld Command?

4. If it has been moved….has this to do with Atlantis staying on Earth?

5. The moon base, which Sam speaks about in Continuum…Are we going to see it in the next movie? Has the Earth Gate beeing moved to the moon?”

Answers: 1. Paul and I haven’t revisited the script since submitting it some time ago.

2. No.  When we move ahead with the movies, the first one up will be Revolution, featuring SG-1.

3. More on that in Stargate: Revolution.

4. Not necessarily.

5. Stay tuned.

Daniel writes: “1) Will we learn more about the Lucien Alliance in future episodes? I’m curious to know if it’s only this group led by Kiva that is pursuing Destiny or if it’s an obsession for the whole Alliance?

2) In the Writer’s room have you pinned down what Destiny can and can’t do, in order too stop each Writer adding something new every script to solve a plot point until there is nothing it can’t do.

3) Given the tight running time every episode has too keep too, and the shows aim to treat the audience with more respect was there any talk of dropping the “previously” segments? Or is it something the network simply won’t let you drop?”

Answers: Hey, Daniel, thanks for the insightful comments.  And welcome to the blog.

1) We will definitely be learning more about the Lucian Alliance in season two.

2) We are all on the same page with regard to what the ship can and can’t do.  In fact, all the writers are present when a story is broken, ensuring a consistency in series logic.

3) Given the somewhat serialized nature of the show, I think it’s a good idea dedicated a little time to catching potential first-time viewers up on what has come before.

Ponytail writes: “Would you ever consider doing a sort of live Q&A with someone on your blog. Lets say one evening you let us ask this person questions (in your comments section) and they answer them right away (in your comments section). You could have rules like, only one question per person per 1/2 hour or something like that, and every 10 minutes or so, you post everything so far. That sounds like fun to me! Can we, can we!”

Answer: It’s possible but unlikely.  The whole point of doing the Q&A’s the way I do (gathering the questions, sending them off, then giving the guest how ever much time they need to get back to me) is to ensure the process is a painless as possible for those taking part.

dasNdanger writes: “If you get a lot of good feedback from your story, do you think you might try to tackle a novel?”

Answer: I’ve been kicking around an idea for a novel.  It’s just a matter of finding the time to sit down and write it.

SG-UNIVERSE writes: “Can we see a SGU trailer 2.0 in Comic Con 2010 ?”

Answer: You will.

PG15 also writes: “1. Are all the Season 2 episode slots filled at this point?

2. In your opinion, would you say Season 2 is more serialized than season 1, or less serialized?”

Answers: 201: Intervention, 202: Aftermath, 203: Awakening, 204: Pathogen, 205: Cloverdale, 206: Trial and Error, 207: The Greater Good, 208: Malice, 209: Visitation, 210: Resurgence, 211: Deliverance, 212: Twin Destinies, 213: Alliances, 214: Hope, 215: Seizure, 216: The Hunt, 217: (Rob’s script), 218: (Carl’s script), 219: Blockade, 220: Gauntlet.  Yep.  All we need are a couple of titles.

2. I’d say it’s about the same as season 1 although there will be  a much bigger build in some of the individual story arcs, particularly in the front half.

Chevron7 writes: “Do you mind if I borrow your photos for a little project I’m working on?”

Answer: Sure, knock yourself out.

จากคุณ : booklovers
เขียนเมื่อ : 12 ก.ค. 53 17:17:32

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com