Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for July 11, 2010:  

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for July 11, 2010:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/july-11-2010-he-does-it-again-afternoon-soccer-with-the-guys-the-pineapple-diaries-part-iii-mailbag/

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update and to view the Louis Ferreira video.)

He does it again! Afternoon soccer with the guys! The Pineapple Diaries part III! Mailbag!

... I watched the [soccer] game with friends today: Special Features Producers Ivon Bartok (who cooked), actor Patrick Gilmore (who carried plates and helped clean), and actor Tobias Slezak (who just showed up).

[Photos at the link]

... In the third installment of The Pineapple Diaries, we pick up our interview with actor Louis Ferreira, conducted on a day when he was called in to work on his day off (Can you tell?).  Here, Louis discusses the challenges of working in those space suits -

[Video embedded at the link]

Which reminds me of one amusing behind-the-scenes incident from my Atlantis days.  We were shooting the episode Subversion which required our actors to strut around in these enormous, unwieldy underwater suits.  Joe Flanigan's suit necessitated some repairs and so, while everyone waited, a crew member hopped inside to fix the problem.  We were hurrying to get our day so when the crew member had finished, he hopped out and Joe stepped inside.  Too late did he realize that the crew member was feeling unusually gassy that day.  And by "too late", I mean "by the time they sealed him inside the airtight suit". Now THAT would have been one for the blooper reel!

Mailbag:

Sean D. writes: "Hi Joe, can you make those videos available in another format or through another source?"

Answer: Hey, Sean – when I have time, I'll upload them to youtube.  I'll keep you posted.

Bailey writes: "You know, rereading the mailbag, what I think PG-15 and a few others may have been tactfully trying to ask, without actually asking, is why haven't you or Paul gone to bat for Extinction as Brad has for Revolution?"

Answer: Hmmm.  I spent the better part of an hour attempting a tactful response to this question before eventually giving up.  Let's just say that when news of the Atlantis cancellation first came down, I was crushed – as was everyone else associated with the production, from cast and crew to the entire writing staff.  My disappointment was somewhat mitigated, however, by the prospect of continuing Atlantis's story in the direct-to-dvd format.  Since then, circumstances have tempered that initial enthusiasm.  I still want to see the movie made; I've simply adopted a more practical outlook with respect to its (hopefully) eventual production.

Major D. Davis writes: "1. Now I know the SG-1 cast is signed to do the SG-1 movie, but what about the Atlantis cast? When the movie is greenlit, are you worried that it might be to difficult to get the cast back together?"

Answer: The SG-1 cast has not been signed.

Gategod writes: "What might a fourth stargate series be about/be set?

Would you be the show runner?

Would any of the SG-1/SGA cast members star in a 4th stargate series?"

Answer: No thought has been given to a fourth Stargate series.  We're wholly focused on the terrific series presently in production.

... Don writes: "One thing I've been curious to see is a story where someone uses the stones to come to Earth and something big is happening there."

Answer: Like in season two's Alliances?

... Pol writes: "About how long does it take you and Paul to knock out an episode script? Do you do a solid pass and then give it to Paul (or vice-versa)? Or do you sit in a room and collaborate? How does that process work?"

Answer: Even though we are credited as co-writers, Paul and I haven't co-written a script since SG-1′s 8th season.

Pol also writes: "But…back to my main question, how long does it take you ('til you're happy with the script – or at least willing to release it into the wild) to write an hour-long episode?"

Answer: From concept to finished draft, about a month.

... Lewis writes: "Just a quick ? about Gauntlet (ep. 20). Is it already mostly written at this point or do you wait until later in the fall when you find out if SGU has been picked up for Season 3… or is it a matter of plotting out 2 different endings?"

Answer: As was the case in every other season, the script for our season finale will be written by the time a decision is made on a pick-up.  In fact, I suspect that by the time we do hear, we will have already wrapped production on season 2.

Boris writes: "1) Who are the writers of the last episodes you give out in this post:
215: Seizure, 219: Blockade, 219: Blockade, and 220: Gauntlet?
2) What happened to episode 218: Radio that you mentioned some days ago?
3) Will we see many new different species of aliens in season 2 or just a few like in the first season?
4) Will there be a CD of SGU's first season soundtrack, I will buy it ASAP, the music is just awesome?
and finally just out of curiosity
5) Which episode of SGU is shooting now or will start shooting soon?"

Answers: 1) 215, Seizure – Remi Aubuchon, 216, The Hunt – Joseph Mallozzi, 217 – Robert Cooper script, 218 – Carl Binder script, 219, Blockade – Linda McGibney, 210, Gauntlet – Paul Mullie,

2) That's still under discussion.

3) We'll definitely be introducing several new alien life forms in season 2.

4) No idea.  Sorry.

5) We just wrapped on Deliverance (211) and will be moving on to Alliances (213).

Collegeboy8907 writes: "Did SG-1 ever find the Clava Thessara Infinitas that was mentioned In SG-1 Season ten?"

Answer: Nope.

LaWanda writes: "I was wondering about something else when they were fighting those aliens guys on Daedalus variations could they have been a new form of wraith."

Answer: No, it wasn't our intention to create any connection between the two alien races.

dioxholster writes: "Joe, is that alien concept art for season 2 or was it something for season one?"

Answer: It's an alien concept for season 2 – that we won't be seeing in season 2.

Valaur writes: "1. Does the Destiny have a teleporter similar to that of the goa'uld or the Ori? Seeing as the Goa'uld stole that technology from the Ancients, it would be really cool to see the first or second generation of that technology.
2. I think it was Brad who said he immensely disliked having the Asgard beaming technology as a quick get-away device or a gimmick used by the SGC. Are there any pieces of technology that were imagined, then suggested in the writer's room but received an unequivocal no? Like the Zat being able to make a body disappear with 3 shots.
3. In `Faith', the marsh looks similar to the one used Battlestar Galactica's `Home Pt. 1 and 2.' along with `Kobol's Last Gleaming'. I'm only curious if it's the same location or just really similar.
4. Will the answer to why the environmental suits of the Destiny looks so similar to the ones used by `The Lost Tribe' or was that already answered?
5. Will there be an ascended Ancient sent to the Destiny to help the crew in any shape or form?
6. I really, really enjoy the real science element of the show, like the white dwarf and pulsar in `Incursion'. Is there anything coming up that you're excited for, science-wise?
7. In comparison to SG-1 and SGA, could you give us a rough estimate or figure of how many crew work on the show to give us what we see on the TV? Also, have most of the crew from the two previous franchises moved on to bigger and better things or stuck around for SGU?"

Answers: 1. Nope.

2. Actually, I'm the one who hated the convenience of the beaming technology.  And, yes, plenty of ideas get bounced from the writers' room – though none come readily to mind.

3. Sorry.  No idea.  Given that both shows were produced in Vancouver, it's likely however.

4.  Nope.

5. You'll have to stay tuned.  For the record, however, I'm not a huge fan of ascended visitors.

6. Yep...

จากคุณ : booklovers
เขียนเมื่อ : 14 ก.ค. 53 15:01:21

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com