Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom

A question for K. TexanProfessor or any linguist

I used to chat with a monk (palean 9) and I learned a lot from him. He mentioned about Pali and Sankrit and that English language can be traced back to Aryan and probably originated from or branched off either Pali or Sanskrit in Northern India. Take the word "tee" which also mean 3 in Thai and "three" in English as an example. I wonder (to myself) if the word "Aryathum" (civilize) also referred to the Aryan who lived in the region who was also much developed then. My understanding is that English is in Germanic language family and that of Aryan people who was from northern India.

Anyway please shed some light on this as I'm kinda curious.

จากคุณ : Thai Texan - [ 25 เม.ย. 51 23:05:11 ]

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom