@@@--- Racism in UK ----@@@

Dear all Thai students in UK

After reading many of the Universities\' Newsletters online, it appears to me that there are alot of concern about racism towards international students studying in the UK. Some cases are very severe, for example, I read one that a Hong Kong student got beat up really bad in a nightclub (but I don\'t want to mention the name of the city) by a gang of 20 white teenage male. The last thing he heard was \"We don\'t need foreigners here\". Another case was a male international student who lived in an off-campus accommodation. While walking home, he was attacked by several white males and was thrown by mud and snowballs. I found it quite depressing and, at the same time, frightening. I have read from many universities websites and they state that international students are usually viewed as being rich and an easy targets. They are vulnerable to racial abuse and even attacks. I am going to UK for master\'s degree this coming September and now I am having a change of heart.

This brings me to my point. I would like to ask all Thai students in this webboard if they were ever involved in any kind of racism assaults or verbal abuses. If so, how did it happen and how severe. And in general, is it safe for international students, especially from Asia, to go study there? Which cities should be avoided? Thank you for all your comments. I hope this posting will be useful to every prospective international students who decide to pursue further education in the UK.

จากคุณ : concerned - [ 16 เม.ย. 47 19:37:29 A:10.0.250.47 X:10.106.101.99, 61.19.220.3 ]