Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com

ช่วยด้วยครับ แปลยากมาก ช่วยที

พอดีว่าไม่ทราบภาษาสไตล์นี้เลย
    ช่วยทีนะคับ พอดีว่าต้องส่งก่อนพรุ่งนี้ตอนเย็นสี่โมงขอบคุณคับ

A Dark Night

Frank Bidart's poem "Dack Night" from In the Western Night: Collected Poems 1965-90 exemplifies the notion that poetry is the sister of theatre.

The reader follows the speaker's journey as he engages in a rite of passage into spiritual maturity.

His poem is a rite of passage, sculpted to release the divided self as entity to be embraced and celebrated.

The poem opens with the speaker leaving the known world of his home, beginning a journey that can only be attended to at night, the time of day associated both with mystery and Duende:

In dark night, when the light/ burning was the burning of love (fortuitous night, fated, free)/ as I stole from my dark house,

The speaker is in total darkness, the only light is from the "burning of love," the inner life-light of the speaker.

The speaker goes on to distinguish between two kinds of darkness: 1) the kind suggestive of passion, 2) the kind suggestive of death.

The speaker seeks to leave his "dark house" because it is "silent, grave, sleeping" and he seeks "fortuitous night, fated, free;" --night filled with possibility, chance, destiny and liberation.

Only by leaving his home, (his known, and therefore circumscribed reality), can the speaker embrace the unknown potential of himself.

Night, often symbolic of fear of the unknown, here becomes a rite of passage into maturity and self-discovery.

The term of endearment "sweet" followed by the description of night as "secret" is redolent of a burgeoning new romantic love; somewhat illicit and therefore all the more desirable.

What is perhaps most interesting in these two stanzas, however, is how the speaker transitions into personifying night.

The speaker first identifies himself with light: "my only light or/ guide/ the burning in my burning heart".

Light is equated with speaker's inner self, and is also regarded as a guide.

Then at the beginning of the next stanza the speaker reorients his identity by declaring, "night was my guide," reversing his initial declaration that "light" was his only guide.

The speaker is not having an identity crisis, but is embracing the interplay of the opposing forces of the psyche; he is embracing his divided self.

As the speaker's journey of self-discovery arcs, his voice heightens in intimacy: he marries himself.

He is both light and night, both bridegroom and bride.

"Dark Night" is a celebration of arrival, even though that place of arrival is death.

The speaker is enacting a tribal ritual of coming into his own, though he has only himself, and us, to share the rite of passage with.

Poem are not merely for entertainment, we have plenty of mind numbing venues for that.

Poem like "Dark Night" that are read as scenes of ritual have the power to reconnect the reader to forgotten aspects of life, to take the reader on a spiritual quest--or at the very least to initiate an inner quest inside the reader.

จากคุณ : nettoto - [ 27 พ.ย. 51 03:09:27 A:203.131.212.75 X: ]

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com