Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

Broken English ติดต่อทีมงาน

I have spoken to my partner today who is a foreigner about Broken English and here is her comment on this issue

Broken English

It was very interesting to hear a Thai person making a comment and being judgmental about anyone who speaks with broken English has no education.
Sincerely you are mistaken on this matter and I for one have live in Asia for over 35 years and 20 of those years are lived in Thailand.
Broken English is widely spoken around the world, think about it for a moment, example, many Asian and European countries have very well educated people but that does not mean that they automatically speak English.
In every Asian country I have lived in I automatically adjust my English to be broken so that I am understood, it did not mean that I though these people uneducated, in-fact most were very well educated but they were not use to using the English language and one must use this language on a daily basis to be fluent.
Let’s go back to Thailand, again think very carefully about what I am about to say, who are the uneducated people in this country, majority would be people who work in menial jobs such as building construction workers, security guards etc. Many Thai’s with high education work in prestigious positions, holding titles of  MD, VP,  IT, Managers etc in various companies, however, because the job requires them to deal with Thai staff, with Thai customers etc, they have spend all of the career life only speaking Thai, therefore any English they learnt in school is completely forgotten.
I personally urge all Thai people who have an attitude about people who speak broken English to stop criticizing and judging because you it is unfair thinking about your own country people.

จากคุณ : ternary
เขียนเมื่อ : 4 มิ.ย. 54 19:21:14

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com