Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

แชร์ประสบการณ์ในการหัดพูด ภาษาอังกฤษครับ ติดต่อทีมงาน

ผมใช้ User ใหม่น่ะครับ ผม คือ "คนบ้านเดียวกัน" ที่เคยเขียนบทความเกี่ยวกับการหัดพูด ภาษาอังกฤษด้วยตัวผมเอง กลับมาคราวนี้ผมเลยจะขอเล่าแบบละเอียด เป็นภาษาอังกฤษ เผื่อจะได้เป็นแรงบันดาลใจให้ พี่ๆน้องๆ ทุกคน หากพี่ๆน้องๆ สนใจผมจะเขียนต่อไปเรื่อยๆ น่ะครับ กะว่าจะเอาไปใส่เป็น Blog ทีหลัง

How it all started?

A lot of you probably wonder how my blog is any different from any other English teaching sites. I have been teaching myself to speak English since high school. I guess it all began when my family had decided to subscribe to cable TV. Back in the days, it was still IBC. One of my favorite programs was a music channel, which was similar to today's MTV except that everyone spoke Thai.

Anyway, they also had interviews with foreign singers and the VJs would ask them questions in fluent English about their music and what not. Before the internet era, my life pretty much revolved around school and my family. I had never come across any bilingual people. Although there were a few kids, who went to international school, in my neighborhood but I hardly ever heard them talking to each other in English.

The closest encounter in my early experience was by far in front of TV. The ‘Luk-krung’ and ‘Dek-nok’ people were becoming popular and in demand in our entertainment industry. They had almost taken every role on TV and, despite their broken Thai; they were very welcomed by the majority of Thai viewers.

Like a lot of people in this world, I grew up on TV; but I was more interested in English than any other elements on TV. Having said that, it became my determination to find out why some Thais spoke English better than the others. How did they do it? I thought to myself.

After the investigation was over, the truth struck me like lighting. They were born and raised in English speaking countries. Of course, they were! The discovery had become my biggest discouragement. I, on the other hand, was born and raised in Thailandand had only spoken a handful of words in English before I entered a university.

I had begged my parents for awhile to let me go overseas. Although they caved in and agreed to put me in a student exchange program, I had a second thought. I did not take the opportunity I’d worked hard for. But at the same time, I was lucky enough my parents did not punish me for my last minute change of heart.

At my school, many students, who returned from a year abroad, gradually began to lose their fluency. Unless they had someone to converse in English with, it would be difficult for them to maintain their levels of proficiency. In junior high (Mattayom5), I decided to invent a curriculum for myself that would increase the ability to speak English, especially for someone like me who was always talked to in Thai. It was a real challenge and I did not know where to begin.

I remember picking up one edition of Bangkok Post one day and trying to read the front page. 45 minutes later,I was still on the same article and looking up the dictionary for almost every single word I came across trying to make sense of what the article was about.. I almost gave up…..( to be continued)…

จากคุณ : คนซอยเดียวกัน
เขียนเมื่อ : 11 ก.ย. 55 22:44:29 A:125.25.172.65 X: TicketID:374520

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com