Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

แบ่งปันประสบการณ์หัดพูดภาษาอังกฤษ 2 ติดต่อทีมงาน

Hi every one, so in this entry I will talk about ‘input’ or what I’d like to call a massive memorizing effort. But first and foremost, I’d like to give a shout out to Ensign and เศียรนาคา. I’ve been following your comments on other threads and they are funny as hell. Anywho, I hope I’ll hear from you guys soon.

I’ve started a similar thread in Thai last year. Anyone who find my story useful please follow this link--http://topicstock.pantip.com/library/topicstock/2011/05/K10586407/K10586407.html…The reason, again, for this one to be written in English is, well, if you want to be good at English speaking, you have got to spend more time reading English texts.

However, if you wish to improve your grammar and writing, you are in a wrong place. Unless you are Obama, you should not pay attention too much on how you structure your conversation. It does not always follow the essay style of writing, which goes like this—intro—body—conclusion. My thread is just the ‘talk’ as Khun เศียรนาคา has put it. My story sounds too conversational to be anything remotely close to writing.

Having no knowledge of grammar at all is also bad because in order for you sound natural, you need to know enough to get by. Word order is super important. It will help you pick up new phrases faster and you will be able to develop a good grasp of English grammar at the same time.

So yes, this thread is in English and since my background is similar to many of you, I hope it will point you in the right direction especially if you have not had a chance to ‘go-inter’. Here is another episode of my journey.

So I was talking about ‘input’ earlier and this is what I did to increase English words in my memory. When I was just a teenage boy, I would always be jealous of other kids my age whose parents put them in international school. There seemed to be a lot on my soi. I thought it was super cool that I didn’t understand a word they were saying to each other in English. I watched them with hopeful eyes and said to myself that one day I’d be just as awesome as they were.

Let me get this straight, not all kids who’ve gone to international school speak perfect English. They speak okay English while many of them speak broken English. The reason I brought this up because I don’t want you to think that the only way to achieve English proficiency is to have overseas or international school education.

The same goes for international university in Thailand, in my opinion, since this is adult education, no one would pick on you for not speaking English in a classroom. Not to mention the Thai-foreign student ratio. The chances are you are not going to use English much when communicating in Thai with your classmates seems easy enough.

Here’s the meat, I always thought of myself as a little kid at the beginning of my learning journey. Why? Because as a kid, you only need to know enough phrases to get your parents’ attention. And kids seem to know just how to annoy their parents. They ask too many questions. Right, how does it work? We’re so accustomed to ‘passive learning’ that when we are forced to talk in English, we often have to look at the text-book for help.

Knowing how to make questions is important to our learning progress. We ask our teacher when we don’t understand anything and in return you will get the explanation. ‘Farang kids’ do exactly the same way. They ask their parents tons of questions, and then they will be given the answers. They may come in a form of verbal statement or gesture or whatever that may be. Children, then, begin to copy what their parents said and in most cases act like them.

Unfortunately, our parents don’t speak English, who do we talk to? Unless you live next door to Kaosarn, I would recommend watching youtube videos as a source of English expressions…..to be continued….

จากคุณ : คนซอยเดียวกัน
เขียนเมื่อ : 21 ก.ย. 55 00:16:40 A:180.180.52.183 X: TicketID:374520

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com