CafeTech-ExchangePantip MarketChatPantownBlogGangTorakhongGameRoom

ช่วยด้วยค่ะ ไม่เข้าใจเรื่องนี้เลย--> Empirical tests of CAPM

CAPM พอจะเข้าใจ แต่พอมาหัวข้อนี้ Empirical test of CAPM  อ่านแล้วไม่เข้าใจจริงๆค่ะ T-T  เปิดดูtextที่มี 2-3 เล่ม ก้อไม่มีเรื่องนี้ค่ะ   เนื้อหาเป็นตามนี้
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    EMPIRICAL TESTS OF CAPM

As far as empirical evidence (as opposed to theoretical developments are concerned), one way in which the model is assessed is to test empirically the degree to which CAPM explains the actual behaviour of security prices.

A common method is to use regression estimation:

1. Collect sample of data to form a benchmark portfolio.  This involves consideration of: assets to be included in the analysis (eg all traded stocks listed on FTSE, NYSE); the method for grouping assets into portfolios; the proxy for the market portfolio eg FTSE 100; choice of sample period, etc.

2.  Estimate the characteristic line for every benchmark portfolio:

Eq.7:  Ri-Rf = ai +B[Rm-Rf] +ei

[ พิมพ์ equation ไม่ได้ค่ะ ตัวย่อที่ใช้เป็นแบบนี้ค่ะ
    Ri = return of stock i
    Rf = Risk  free rate
    ai =  Alpha of stock  i
    B  =  Beta
    Rm = Return of market
    ei  = ไม่ทราบค่ะ แต่เขียนเป็น e subscript i ค่ะ ]

where alpha is the intercept term and beta measures the slope of the characteristic line.

3. The output from (Eq.7) is then used to estimate the Security Market Line, comparing the ex post market betas, form Eq.7 with the ex post  mean excess returns which are used as estimators of the ex ante expected excess returns.   Eq.8 details a typical model:

Eq.8:     Ri -Rf = G 0 + GiBi+ ui

[G0 = Gamma of ???  (ไม่ทราบเหมือนกันค่ะ เขียนเป็น Gamma แล้ว subscript 0 )
    Gi = Gamma of stock i
    ui =  ไม่ทราบค่ะ แต่เขียนเป็น u subscript i ค่ะ ]

where r bar i is the historical average return on the ith benchmark portfolio; gamma 0 is the historical intercept; gamma 1 is the historical slope coefficient  for market risk and ui is the deviation from the line.

4.   The output from the regression estimates (the estimated security market line) is then compared with the predictions of CAPM.  Clearly, gamma 0 should = 0, since non-market risk should have no explanatory power - only the equity premium captured by gamma 1 etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    พี่ๆในนี้ ช่วยอธิบายให้หน่อยนะคะ   ไม่เข้าใจจริงๆๆ กลุ้มใจมากๆ ขอบคุณล่วงหน้าค่ะ

แก้ไขเมื่อ 22 มี.ค. 49 14:08:32

จากคุณ : จีโจ้ - [ 22 มี.ค. 49 13:50:50 ]

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป