Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom

พี่ๆช่วยอ่านแล้ววิจารณ์หน่อยครับ เกี่ยวกับมวยไทย และเขมร

พี่ๆช่วยอ่านแล้ววิจารณ์หน่อยครับ กำลังว่าจะเอาไปโพสต์เวบต่างประเทศเกี่ยวกับมวยไทยและเขมร ว่ามีส่วนไหนควรแก้ไขบ้างครับ และควรเติมอะไรบ้าง

MuayThai originate from Khmer?

Lately; I’ve encounter a lot of issue and argument regarding Khmer and Thai and who own the style which now internationally called MuayThai, which I found very funny because when I look at the word “MuayThai”, it’s literally mean nothing more than “Thai Fighting”.

Firstly, to clarify myself, I’m just a normal Thai fan of fighting sports (MuayThai/ K-1 / Shooto / MMA) and only had a little bit of training in MuayThai/Boxing.

What I find very funny is the word “MuayThai”, or to be specific “Muay”. You see, Thai people use the word “Muay: มวย” on everything that involve fighting. As you might familiar with, we called fighting stadium “Sanam-Muay: สนามมวย (Fighting Field)” whether it is indoor / outdoor. We also include the word “Muay” in other fighting discipline, such as Boxing, The official word for Boxing in Thailand is “Muay-Sakol: มวยสากล (Sakol means international)”, “Muay-Burma: มวยพม่า” for Bando. We even called the popular Kung-Fu “Muay-Jeen: มวยจีน (Jeen means Chin or China)”. And famous word “Muay-Boran: มวยโบราณ” which means old/ancient Muay.

Before Boxing came to Thailand, we called every fighting style “Muay ….” follow by where it came from. This apply to our local fighting style also. I believe you have heard words like “Muay-Chaiya” “Muay-Korat” “Muay-Lopburi” “Muay-Tasao” before. Well, those words after Muay are places. Chaiya is the area in the South of Thailand while Korat is the other name of current Nakornrachasima province. And Lopburi is the name of actual province in Center Thailand. So the  word “Muay” is just mean “Fighting” or “Martial Art”. The word doesn’t have any specific style in itself. There’re also words like “Muay-Plum: มวยปล้ำ” which mean wrestling. “Muay-Wad: มวยวัด (Wad means Temple) -- Muay-Wad as I understand, imply to when two men challenge each other to fight behind the temple with rules or Street Fighting. And of course we call Kun Khmer “Muay-Khmer” since it’s the fighting style from Khmer. (This mean we respect the art as of where it came from as separate style from ours)

Back to the word “MuayThai”, I believe (I might be wrong) this word was creating when we try to separate the rule of fighting between western boxing rules and our local rules. Backdate hundreds year ago our rules is no rules, fist, kick, knee, elbow, headbutt, groin strike all allowed. No matter what style you’re using or where you came from when you came and fight here, you need to adapt to local rules. (Unless there’s special deal if any parts prohibited) Then the fighting rule (and art) of Boxing (hands only) later came to Thailand, I think a while after that the new word “MuayThai” was introduced to separate our rules from Western Boxing. And of course, the fighting style and training method that suitable base on the rule was taken place as “MuayThai” style at the same time. Literally, just “Muay” became “MuayThai”.

And when MuayThai became famous, this is where it starts to get ugly. There’re some peoples accusing Thai people for stolen there national martial art and then make it our own. From now on, this is only my opinion.

As a fan of MuayThai and a Thai people, I believe that MuayThai isn’t the same thing with KunKhmer. Very similar but not the same. And I don’t say that MuayThai is originally ours. I think MuayThai is like Karate. As you know, Karate based on one of Chinese fighting system and Okinawa local fighting style then develops to be its own one which has unique style and method. Same as how Judo evolves from Jujitsu. MuayThai is the same, from our history, I can proudly say that we we’re hybrid. Among those who practice martial art in Siam, there’re peoples descent from Chinese/ Indian / Mon / Khmer / Annum not just Thai / Siam. As time went by, I believe the style was adapted / selected for what really useful and practical with the local condition like terrain / weather / war tactics / weapons / Clothes. And then there’s western Boxing and finally the new rules.

Yes, Khmer can say MuayThai took elements from Khmer style of fighting, I agree with that. Khmer use to be the greatest kingdom around SEA and their arts are irreplaceable. But to talk about MuayThai, it’s not just Khmer, MuayThai took every element that can be found and blend them together under specific condition. Are you saying we took Boxing stance and footwork from Khmer too? Well, that’s what they have to argue with western world, not us. In the end, martial arts exist for one to win a fight (either beating or survive). Moreover, to win a war, you can’t be too selective to pick only what you could think of by yourself. To win, we have to adapt and learn from the opponent as well (Art of War). Ayutthaya use to be conquered by Burma twice, and we learn from them. As well as Sukhothai who learn from Khmer before reigning as the first Siam Kingdom. So if Khmer want credit in creating the art of MuayThai. I say let’s give credit to them all - Chinese, Annum, Burma, Khmer, Boxing etc. The one thing I’m positively sure is that it’s us Thai, who introduced the fighting sport which now called MuayThai.

แก้ไขเมื่อ 12 ธ.ค. 50 16:56:49

จากคุณ : rynekel - [ 12 ธ.ค. 50 16:49:57 ]

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom