Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom

สู้ต่อไป..ANA

Injured Ana out of Wimbledon

June 29, 2009 / London, England

Ana's 2009 Wimbledon campaign came to an end as she was forced to retired injured while trailing five-time champion Venus Williams 6-1, 0-1 in the fourth round. It is the first time the 21-year-old has had to retire from a match since 2006, when she led China's Li Na by the same scoreline in Berlin. An inner thigh injury was the cause of Ana's demise today.

It was a bitter exit for Ana, and she cried openly as she realized she could stand the pain any longer. She hugged Venus and went to her seat, where she was consoled by the trainer who had aided her. She then raised her hand to the public and received a sympathetic standing ovation as she left Court 1.

The match had been one-sided, although Ana had had three break points in the opening game. From the very beginning, Ana tried to mix it up and avoid getting into fast rallies against her powerful opponent. The youngster went to the net, hit some drop-shots, but the superb Williams was always one step ahead.

The American served massively and was always quick to return to the middle of the court, which caught Ana off-guard and didn't give her the scope to hit angles. The down-the-line forehand and the cross-court backhand both functioned perfectly for the American.

The 21-year-old asked for the trainer in the beginning of the second game of the second set, after she appeared to injure her thigh during her service motion.

She had her thigh taped and proceeded to serve. She won the next point and hit an ace to win the game, but she began crying in pain and was forced to retire.

A tearful Ana said: "It was really disappointing, especially that all of a sudden I felt pain after that serve. I'm really disappointed.

"Just when I was serving at 30‑40 down in that first game, and after my first serve when I landed, I just felt a sharp pain in my inner thigh and I couldn't step on my leg ever since."

"I only pay attention to what's going on my side of the net - but today I felt really sad for her" said Williams.

"She was really upset. I think she was in a lot of pain. This is Wimbledon. It's the last place you want to have an injury that you can't overcome. So I’m wishing her a lot of luck in her recovery."

Unfortunately there was no doctor immediately present at the All England Club to assess Ana’s injury; an update will be posted shortly.

Photo: Manuela Davies / doubleXposure.com

ที่มา : http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=start/news&detailpage=1578

แก้ไขเมื่อ 30 มิ.ย. 52 10:10:45

จากคุณ : ศกานต์ - [ 30 มิ.ย. 52 10:01:28 ]

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom