Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

เฟดชวนเพื่อนนักเทนนิส เล่นนัดพิเศษก่อน Aussie Open เพื่อหาเงินบริจาคให้เฮติ  

Stars rally for a common cause

Several of the world’s top tennis players will star in a special fundraising event to help raise money for survivors of Tuesday’s Haiti earthquake at Rod Laver Arena on Sunday.

Although it’s the eve of the Australian Open’s first round, world No. 1 Roger Federer has put aside thoughts of his preparation and brought together an entourage of fellow stars to play a special mixed-doubles event at the stadium to support Haiti.

Top-ranked players Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick, Kim Clijsters, Serena Williams and Sam Stosur will also give up their last day of preparation to take to the court for the special event that was Federer’s brainchild.

Federer said all proceeds will go to the Haiti earthquake victims, and he hopes to “fill the stadium”.

“I had the idea we could do something to help Haiti after the tragic earthquake. So, I spoke to some other top players ... they said ‘yes, we should do something’,” Federer said.

The action will start at Melbourne Park from 2pm Sunday, and tickets are available from Rod Laver Arena and Federation Square from 9am or at the gate. Entry is $10 for adults and free for children aged under 12.

The play will be mixed doubles matches, with pairings of the star players. Federer had not decided on a partner late Saturday, but joked that he would “choose wisely”.

The Swiss star said he was happy to do whatever he could to assist.

“I think it’s something as a tennis family we’re very happy to do. I know it’s on the eve of the first Grand Slam of the season, so it’s for some not so easy maybe mentally to separate, you know, a few things – but I think it’s a great initiative.

Federer encourage Melburnians to come down and support the players and the cause.

“I’m happy we can go through with it and have some fun tomorrow. It may be a nice day also for families to come and see some top players play,” he said.

The devastating earthquake which hit Haiti on Tuesday measured 7.0 on the Richter Scale and has left tens of thousands of people dead. The United Nations has launched an appeal for hundreds of millions of dollars to try to help around three million people in need.

ที่มา http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2010-01-16/201001161263626947390.html?fpos=r1

enjoy your day

จากคุณ : Holden Caulfield
เขียนเมื่อ : 17 ม.ค. 53 00:36:23

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com