Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com  

** Brazil football legend Socrates dies ** ติดต่อทีมงาน

Brazil legend Socrates has died at the age of 57 after suffering an intestinal infection since alcohol abuse caused his stomach to haemorrhage in August.

The idol of the 1982 World Cup was admitted to hospital on Thursday after falling ill during a meal at a hotel in Sao Paulo.

He was nicknamed O Doutor - The Doctor - as he graduated as medical student during the early years of his football career.

Most closely associated with Corinthians, his only stint outside of Brazil was playing for Fiorentina for the 1984-85 season, though he also played 12 minutes for West Yorkshire team Garforth Town in 2004.

Alcohol had blighted his life in recent times, though less than a fortnight ago he insisted he was not dependent on drink.

'I never had many problems with alcohol because I was not addicted,' he told SporTV. 'All the time I interacted with alcohol as if it were a partner, but I never had withdrawal symptoms. I spent long periods without use.

'I do not feel like drinking. It is 5 months since I put a drop of alcohol in my mouth. I do not miss it.'

Socrates, who leaves behind a wife and 6 sons, had been hoping his health would stabilise ahead of a liver transplant after a spending another 17 days in hospital in September.

(dailymail.co.uk)

จากคุณ : coif
เขียนเมื่อ : 4 ธ.ค. 54 17:58:52

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com