Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom

Who are working on mathematical modeling?

Hi there:

I saw k. enjoymiracle's thread about a modeling tool: So I'm wondering that how many of you are dealing with modeling work and what kind of it?

Myself?

I'm working on 3 mathematical models. They are about pharmacokinetics of chemicals in the body. So, basically, my works are math modeling in biomedical fields.

My modeling tool is a FORTRAN-based program. It's like a dinosaur for some of you, right?

I agee and I don't like it much either, but I have successfully built 3 models using it, so I have to stick with it until I'm done with my PhD.

After that I would consider to change it to either Berkley Madonna or Matlab (which my wife is now using in her thesis, and, more importantly, these two are much more cheaper than the dinosaur I'm using).

Historically, this program was developed by a NASA scientist for rocket and weaponary high-tech development as their simulation tools around 15-20 years ago. So, that's why it's used Fortran-based language and its compiler.

The nice thing about this "T-Rex" is you may add any mathematical descriptions/equations into your model. It's also embedded with a powerful math optimization tools. So it's kinda nice to have this optimization tools though.

How about your works and your modeling tools krub?

Thank you in advance for sharing though.

จากคุณ : amatuer translator - [ 7 ส.ค. 50 22:45:23 ]

ข้อความหรือรูปภาพที่ปรากฏในกระทู้ที่ท่านเห็นอยู่นี้ เกิดจากการตั้งกระทู้และถูกส่งขึ้นกระดานข่าวโดยอัตโนมัติจากบุคคลทั่วไป ซึ่ง PANTIP.COM มิได้มีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็น ตรวจสอบ หรือพิสูจน์ข้อเท็จจริงใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากท่านพบเห็นข้อความ หรือรูปภาพในกระทู้ที่ไม่เหมาะสม กรุณาแจ้งทีมงานทราบ เพื่อดำเนินการต่อไป

Pantip-Cafe | Pantip-TechExchange | PantipMarket.com | Chat | PanTown.com | BlogGang.com | Torakhong.org | GameRoom